Back Painted & Lacquered Glass Products
Back painted glass, also known as lacquered glass, is a great design element to add a touch of luxury to your home, office, lobby, or retail space. Back painted glass is any clear glass that has been painted on one side so that it is no longer translucent. Typically used for interior decor, colored glass panels are easy to install, environmentally friendly, and create a decorative aesthetic. Common design applications range from wall panels, table tops, elevator cabs, kitchen backsplashes, interior wall coverings/partitions, and in retail shops with display units, glass retail stands, and even countertops.
At Architectural Glass, we offer a wide range of clear float and pattern glass for back painting. We now offer premium color mixing that opens an unlimited palette for lacquered glass including glossy, matte, and metallic options. For standard (matte or glossy) colors, check out our Lacobel collection. Request to speak with a design consultant to learn more about our custom back painted and lacquered glass colors and designs.
- Safety backing available
- Matte, glossy, and shimmer finishes
- Can be combined with digital glass printing
- Unlimited, custom color options
- Vast inventory of pattern glass options
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Durable material is UV and moisture resistant
- Cut to size
- Thickness available : *¼” (6mm) for Lacobel products, *5/32″ (4mm) up to 3/8″ (10mm) for custom back painted products
- Safety options: Safety backing and tempering available on custom painted products
- Additional fabrication: Edgework, beveling, holes, and notches